Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Smooth and Creamy Symphony Fudge

I have a fabulous neighbor that is always helping me out.  We are morning plant watering buddies and she is just one of so many fabulous people that I am blessed to know.  She never asks me for anything in return for all the wonderful things she does so when she asked me if I made fudge I knew I had a way to pay her back! I mixed up this big batch of fudge and took it over.  I was on pins and needles to see if she would like it.  I watched as she cut off a chunk and put the creamy chocolate in her mouth.  "It's really good," was the response.  Whew! Success.  Then her son came and had some and said it was the best thing he'd ever tasted.  Wohoo! If that's not a boost for my ego I don't know what is lol.  Here is the recipe I adapted from one that was given to me from Miss Terri, my husbands aunt.  Thank you darlin'! We love it!  I hope you will all love it too.




Print Recipe

Smooth and Creamy Symphony Fudge

1 cup butter
4 1/2 cups sugar
7 oz marshmallow cream
12 oz can evaporated milk
12 oz Symphony Milk chocolate bar (2 6.8 oz bars - 4 squares)
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use the mini ones)
1 tsp vanilla


Using a large knife shave the chocolate bars into small pieces.  



(I know the recipe says to save 4 squares but I had to taste test the chocolate, I only use quality ingredients!)

The smaller the better so the pieces melt quicker.  Open the bag of chocolate chips, set aside.  Line a 9x13" or larger pan with wax or parchment paper.


Melt the butter in a large heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat.  


 Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. 




Using a rubber spatula add the marshmallow cream and stir occasionally until the mixture comes to a rolling boil that you can't stir down. 






Reduce the heat half way between medium-low and medium.  Boil the mixture for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly to keep the mixture from burning.  I like my fudge soft and creamy so I only boil for 5 minutes, if you like your fudge a little firmer boil for 7 minutes.  


Remove the mixture from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla.  Stir like crazy until the chocolate is melted.  




Transfer the fudge to the lined dish and let cool completely.  





With a sharp knife cut into squares.



Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...