Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blueberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt

It is that time again when I get to get creative with the fabulous bloggers that participate with the Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge! For July ingredients were Blueberries and Lemon.  There are so many wonderful and fabulous things you could make with this combination but since July is National Ice Cream Month, I thought I would try my hand at a frozen treat!



Print Recipe

Blueberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt

1/2 cup (4 oz) cream cheese
1 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 2%)
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh berries that I had purchased on sale washed and had in the freezer)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest

Cut the cream cheese into small chunks. 


In a blender or food processor add the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and blueberries.  



Blend/process until the mixture is smooth.  


Scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the vanilla and almond extract.  Zest the lemon directly into the blender, then add the lemon juice. 


Blend again to mix well.  Place the mixture in the fridge while you prepare your ice cream maker.

It is best to freeze the bowl of your ice cream maker over night and pull it out right before you are going to use it.  Read the instructions for your particular maker and follow the instructions.  I have a Cuisinart.  


 Place the frozen bowl in the base and pace the paddle inside the bowl, turn on the machine and transfer the blueberry mixture into the bowl.  


Place on the cover and let churn for 20-25 minutes until thickened.  


Eat immediately if you want it a soft serve consistency.  



Or transfer to an airtight container for 1-2 hours until firm.  



Scoop and enjoy!



Thank you to Miss Sheryl @ Behind the Curtain for hosting this fabulous party every month!


*I was not compensated for writing this post.  The Ninja and The Cuisinart are products that were gifts from my family and that I have purchased myself.


Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...