Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Italian Pasta Salad

For Book Club this morning I wanted to make something to take to share with all my ladies and our kids but I also wanted it to be something healthy.  I opened my fridge and started pulling stuff out.  I came up with this salad.  I loved how easy it was to throw together and that it was chocked full of fresh veggies!



Print Recipe

Italian Pasta Salad

Dressing

2 oz Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
4 oz Olive Oil
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 1/2 tsp sugar

In a 1/2 pint mason jar add all of the ingredients.  Tighten the lid and shake vigorously.  The dressing will separate, shake again immediately before use.

Salad

6 oz pasta cooked and drained (I used mini-rotini)
1/2 English Cucumber quartered and sliced
2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
3 mozzarella string cheese sticks, sliced
1/2 cup turkey mini-pepperoni's
1/2 cup dressing
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Parmesan Cheese, optional

Cook and drain the pasta.  Meanwhile prepare the vegetables and place in a large serving bowl.  


Add the cooled pasta, pepperoni, and cheese, mix until combined.  


Add 1/2 cup off the prepared dressing, sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  Stir with a large spoon to coat the salad with dressing.  



Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...