Thursday, January 31, 2013

White Balsamic Vinaigrette

I love a good salad, but sometimes dressings can be a little blah.  I prefer to make my own because I know what is going into it and I can add more of what I like and take away what I don't.  This dressing has a nice spicy tang that pairs beautifully with romaine, mixed greens, or spinach and fresh fruit combinations.  The tang of the white balsamic cuts the sweet of the fruit but isn't so overpowering you cannot taste the good stuff you spent the time to add to your salad.  If you aren't normally a salad eater, try this dressing and you may just change your mind.

White Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground dry mustard
1 Tbsp grated sweet onion (I use a microplane)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
about 1/8 tsp pepper (about 5 turns fresh ground pepper)
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup sunflower or canola oil
1/3 cup olive oil

In a salad dressing shaker combine all the ingredients.  Secure the lid and shake vigorously until an even consistency.



Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...