Thursday, January 31, 2013

Garlic Asparagus

When I was a kid I never really had asparagus, but it is one of my favorite vegetables as an adult.  I had never made it this way before but I figured it would be good.  Oh, it was.  I was sad I only made a 1/2 bunch.  I could have probably eaten the whole bunch just by myself. Try it, it's good.



Garlic Asparagus

1 Bunch of asparagus washed and trimmed
1 Tbsp olive oil
pinch kosher salt
black pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon mixed with 1/2 cup boiling water

Bring a large skillet up to heat over medium high.  Drizzle the olive oil into the pan and add the garlic stirring with a wooden spatula to keep from burning.  Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and saute about 3 minutes.  Pour in the chicken broth, cover and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the asparagus is crisp tender.  Drain the broth and serve warm.

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...