Friday, January 18, 2013

Creamy White, Pink, and Brown Puffy Baby Girl Blanket

One of my good friends is finally having a little baby girl after two boys.  She has helped me out when I needed her and I wanted to make her a quilt that was a little different, and special.  Last year I saw a few different Puffy Quilts on Pinterest, and though this one is a little different from the ones I saw I hope that she will like it.  I figured it would be great for tummy time, to take cute pictures, or for a soft place to nap when out and about.  Tell me what you think!


Creamy White, Pink, and Brown Puffy Baby Girl Blanket

 

1st I cut out 6" squares from each of my different fabrics
Then I cut out enough 5" squares of muslin to go with each piece of fabric and pined them in place.  Sew with a 1/4" seam allowance around the border leaving a 2" hole to stuff your puffs.




I didn't end up using all my puffs, I should have laid out my fabric first... Oh well.



I laid out the pattern that I liked, then sewed my puffs into rows, then I sewed my rows into one big block.  I cut out 2" strips of the same green fabric I used in my quilt for edging.  Then I cut 6" strips of the creamy white minky fabric for the border.


I laid out my brown circle flannel fabric then batting, smoothing them flat.  Then laid my blanket top on top and pinned in place.  I stitched in the ditch around the green edging, then attached the binding which is the same pink fabric I used in some of my puffs.

This one took quite awhile since I stitched each puff together twice.  I didn't want them coming apart with washing or wear since it would be really hard to repair.  Next time I don't think I would fill my puffs so full.  I got quite the upper arm work out trying to smash them flat to sew them all together.  But I am happy with the result.  Even if my husband does think it looks like a bunch of bras...

Print Friendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...